Robotics is one of the most rapidly growing industry in the present time. There are many institutes, Coaching centers and other sources which can guide you teach you and also give you the train you to play with components and make projects. But the main concern is that not all are up to the mark. There are also some really fake centers who don’t care about knowledge or skill they just care about money. That’s why We Observed that we can provide you a solid base to know and understand things better about this field, So you will be able to make your own projects and also can check what you are learning at your center, And today we are here with Robotics Introduction.
There are 4 Engineers in our We Observed Team, And we all are familiar about the topics we will cover in this lineup. Starting will Introduction, then History, then types, then Law and at last some important things which we will cover in our Next Articles. So the First thing to know about is that:-
What Is Robotics?
Well, this is a very simple and basic question and everyone needs to know the answer to this question. The term “Robotics” is a combination of three things i.e.
Electronics + Mechanics + Programming
In Simple words When the electronics components are combined with some of the mechanics part and when the programming is done on them, then a robot will be formed.
As per the technical terms, the robotics is defined as the branch of technology which deals with the design, programming, construction, application of robots.
A robot is a device that automatically performs complicated often repetitive tasks. Washing Machine, Microwave-oven, Automatic Dish Washer, Toys etc. are some of the Common robots used in our home,An RC circuit consists of a resistor and a capacitor which are connected in series with an AC source. And we are using them for years.
The word robotics is used to collectively define a field in engineering which covers the various human characteristics.
Karel Capek: Karel Capek is a Czech novelist who given the term “Robot” in the year 1920. The robot in Czech is a term which is given to the servant or worker.
Types Of Robots
There are various types of robots. The name of them are given below:
- Legged Robot
- Wheeled Robot
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicle
- Unmanned Aerial vehicle
- Decontaminating Robot
You May Also Like: How To Make AndroBot – a Rover with Robotic Arm
History of Robot
- The name of the first industrial robot is UNIMATE.
- In 1954 the first programmable robot was designed by George Devol, who coins the term Universal automation. Later on, he shorten the name to unimation, which becomes the first robot company in 1962.
- The UNIMATE originally automated the manufacturer of TV picture tubes.
- In 1978 the PUMA (Programmable Universal Machine for Assembly) robot is developed by unimation with a general motors design support.
- in 1980 the revolutionary in the robot is begin. many of institution provided the courses regarding the program and courses regarding the robotics.
Laws Of Robotics
There are total 4 laws of Robotics.
Law 0- A robot may not injure humanities or through inaction, allow humanity to come harm.
Law 1- A robot may not injure humanities or through inaction, allow humanity to come harm, unless they violate the law.
Law 2- A robot must obey orders given to it by human being, except where such orders would conflict with a higher order law.
Law 3- A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with a higher order law.
What Is an Embedded System?
Before starting this topic, Let me clear out that what is a system? So ” A system is defined as a way of working, organizing or performing one or many tasks according to a fixed set of rules, program or plan”.
An embedded system is some combination of hardware and software with a fixed capability or programmable which is specially designed for a particular function.
Industrial machines, automobiles, medical equipment, cameras, households appliances, airplanes, vending machines, and toys are a few examples of embedded systems.
Characteristics Of Embedded System
- Embedded systems are designed to do some specific task, rather than be a general-purpose computer for multiple tasks. Some also have real-time performance constraints that must be met, for a reason such as safety and usability etc.
- Embedded systems are not always standalone devices. many embedded systems consist of small, computerized parts within large devices that serve a more general purpose.
- The program instruction written for embedded systems are referred to as firmware, and are stored in read-only memory (ROM) or flash memory chips. They run with limited computer hardware resources: little memory, small or non-existent keyboard and or screen.
That’s all for today. If you have any question or query just use the comment section. Don’t Forget to like share and subscribe. In our next post, we will deal with the microcontrollers and microprocessors. And Later we will merge all down. So Keep Learning and Visiting @ We Observed.