Smartphones are all fun due to the vast freedom we enjoy on them, It is easy to use and has a wide range of features.But the most important thing is that our smartphones have become the secret keepers of our personal and professional life. Whether it be personal photos, videos, contacts, financial information or business emails and files, you cannot risk losing or leaking any information to an outsider at any cost.If you’re worried about having your phone spied on, you’re not alone! Millions of people have voiced their concerns regarding privacy over the past few years. It’s scary to think that people can spy on your phone, your data, your activity without you being aware of it, but luckily, there are many ways to find out if your phone has been hacked or leaking data.
Most people take this lightly, but this is a very serious problem of the current times, Because if your phone is hacked or leaking data than it can be used against you as an ultimate weapon.You should watch this video in which Edward Snowden answers the similar question. he said you DON’T, but if you keep eyes on the phone behavior and battery you can find out that is your phone is hacked or leaking data.
Why will Anyone hack Your phone?
Because our smartphones have become the secret keepers of our personal and professional life. Whether it be personal photos, videos, contacts, financial information or business emails and files, they keep all of our data. so if anyone wants our data then our smartphone will be the first target.There are many reasons for hacking, tapping, and spying but I am not including all of them in this scenario Hacking is supposed to mean unauthorized access to devices and networks.Now, If someone has hacked your phone or an app is forcing your phone to leak data, then there could be three possible reasons behind it.
- He/She/Hacker/App or agency wants your personal files (Personal photos, videos, documents etc).
- He/She/Hacker/App or agency wants your passwords ( Banks, Profiles, Social, Websites etc).
- He/She/Hacker/App or agency just wants to play with your mind or collecting regular data for their database, Promotions, spams and offers.
Now in all three cases The Hacker or App need Internet Connection of your Smartphone.so your data can be transferred to any server.
So if really, your phone is hacked or leaking data, You can find out about it, with the tips given below.
How to know if your phone is hacked or leaking data?
Now if you want to really know all the methods and tips to know if your phone has been hacked and leaking data.You have to keep eyes on your Phone Behavior, Data Usage, Battery, Background Noise, Texts, Calls, and Emails to find out the answer. How? Just read the below part of this post and ask questions to yourself and you will find out the answer to your question ” is My Phone has been hacked or leaking data?”
We have prepared and collected these “list of symptoms of data leakage and phone hacking” and their respective reasons from many sources and after a deep research. So here are the symptoms of the phone being hacked or leaking data.
1. Odd Phone Behavior
All phones can do strange things from time to time but if this is happening on a regular basis it could be a sign that your phone is being accessed by hidden software.Look for any changes in your phone’s behavior.
- Your phone constantly feels warm without any activity.
- Smartphone Spy apps could be running in the background.
- it suddenly lights up when not in use or makes random beeping noises.
- Android Spy software could be running and waiting for intervals where they can do all the stuff without getting noticed.
- Your phone regularly shut down by itself, even when the battery is charged.
- Some spy apps can be quite buggy and are known to cause this.
2. Compare and Analyse Increased data Usage Reports
Some best spy Apps usage low data so will be almost impossible to spot, but some poor programs will show significant data use.
- Your normal or monthly data usage increase dramatically.
- Spy apps use extra data to send the information collected from your phone,
- Check Data usage of the complete os. And compare with app data usage and how much you actually used.
- There can be a single spy app or several spy apps, you can find them by comparing separate app data usage.
- Look out for any unexplained increase in your monthly data usage.
3. Battery Draining
Spy apps programs will run your battery down very quickly, however, the more modern programs are designed to make less demand on the battery and are harder to spot so look out for any sudden changes in your Smartphone battery life.
- Your Smartphone needs charging more often.
- Continous data transfer and tracking.Malicious app their because that apps use an excess amount of battery and internet.
- Your Smartphone battery is draining more quickly than usual.
- Tracking app could be running in the background.
4. Background Noise or Sound
Background Noise can be a result of a bad connection but If it is happening more than normal it could be another sign of your phone is hacked or leaking data.
- Is there any sound like clicking, beeping or voices in the background or from speakers?
- Some call listening and recording features can cause these noise as they access your phone like a conference call.
- Does Your phone calls have been filled with strange noises or echoing lately?
- somebody might be listening in.
You may also Like: How to Block Microsoft to collect data on Windows 10
5. Receiving Unusual Texts, Calls, and Emails
After receiving your data Your information will be used in many types of bad work and spamming.So you might start getting text messages, Emails and Calls from people in your contact complaining about they received unpleasant unsupported or unknown email/message/ text from your number or Email.
- Receiving strange text messages and Emails containing random numbers, symbols or characters.
- The remote control feature of spy software works by sending secret coded text messages to your phone and in some cases, these can be seen.
6. Use Apps to check where your data is being sent
- Android and iOS users can use viaProtect. The app is free and can scan and reveal the data being sent out in the background without your knowledge. Now check for any strange activity.
- OS Monitor
- Another software is OS Monitor, it is for Android only. This app provides you with details of which app is connecting to which server and what are the IP addresses of the servers.
7. Check your internet connection signals
- Close all running app.
- Switch on the data and leave your phone for few seconds, now check the internet signal. There should be no incoming or outgoing signal visible in the network/internet status signals.
- Now if the outgoing signal is visible, even after closing all apps and leaving your phone for few second, Your device is Leaking data.
8. Check Permission Control
You can check Permissions for any app so you will find which app is using more than required permissions to work.
- For Example, A simple Music player doesn’t need location access to work.
- Why a single player game required permission to write and edit Phone contacts?
- Why a gallery app needs location and Wifi switching Permissions?
9. Device Administration and App Management
- Basically, check the apps with notification access and device administration activated.If there is any suspicious app on the list of device administration activated. They can cause data leakage.
- Go to your Smartphone’s app management and watch for any new app installed on your phone that you can’t recognize and after getting some research, uninstall it.
Tips to stop Data leakage and Unhack your phone?
I hope you all will be a little bit concerned about safety and privacy till now through this post, you will clearly know till now that is your phone is hacked or is there any app is leaking data. To Reduce the Privacy risks and stop the data leakage problem.
Most of the time you will find out that there will be an app that is doing all the bad stuff to your phones like huge battery and internet usage, Background activity, Unnecessary permissions, and required Device administrator permission without any need.So if you found that app Uninstall it. otherwise, these apps can be really dangerous in near future.
For Extra cure and protection, We have prepared a list of Tips to stop Data leakage and Unhack your phone.
- Remove all the Bloatware and unnecessary apps on your Smartphone.
- Watch for any new app installed on your phone that you can’t recognize and after getting some research, uninstall it.
- Check these 42 spyware apps and Match all the listed apps with installed Apps on Your Phones and if Any of the listed spyware apps are installed on your Smartphone. Uninstall them.
- Change all passwords which are saved in Smartphone and its Browser, using any Alternative Browser and device to decrease your chance of getting hacked again.
- Do not use the Smartphone having all the above symptoms for login into Banking or for Online Shopping Transaction.
- Upgrade and update the Smartphone OS on your Smartphones. Because developers remove known bugs and errors in latest updates.
- Check and take command of Permission Control setting of your Android Smartphone and only give required permissions to an app.
- Take a backup of your phone data and formate (factory reset/ hard reset) your Smartphone.
- Never install apps from (3rd party websites or) outside play store. Apps on the play store are a little bit more secure.
- Use an App locker and security app to tighten the security of your smartphone.
You may also Like: How to Download Torrents Anonymously on Android
As I already said Most of the time you will find out that there will be an app or and malware app that is doing all the bad stuff to your phone and your data.So after reading this post “How to know if your phone is hacked or leaking data?” if you found an app, which is doing all the bad stuff Uninstall it. otherwise, these apps can be really dangerous in near future for you and your phone.I hope yo9u will find some important tips and knowledge in this post. And I also hope that this post will help you to fight back about the spying apps and services which are really hungry for your data and personal information.You can also share your views and advise regarding this post and topic using the comment section.Thank you for visiting our blog Keep sharing and keep visiting We Observed.