What Is Flashing an Android Smartphone:-
Flashing means installing The Android OS on the Supported Device.Flashing is used to install Stock ROM of that Device, Unbricking an Android Smartphone and Manually Upgrade Any Android Device.Sometimes the upgraded version of Android OS for your phone is available on the net, but not visible in phone upgrade menu so flashing also can help you in upgrading your smartphone manually. Flashing is performed with the help of Flashing Tools.There are many types of flashing tools available according to the Chipset used in the particular device.For Example for MTK Smartphone there is SP Flash Tools, for Samsung Smartphone there is Odin Flashing Tool, and to Flash Qualcomm, there is QFil, Qcom Phone Download Tool, Qualfast, eMMC DL Tool, Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool. and GNQC Download Tool.
Now Before everything here is the method to know that is your smartphone is Qualcomm based or not.
How to Know that Your Android Smartphone is a Qualcomm Device or Not?
- With a tiny Android App:-
- Open Google Play Store.
- Search “CPU-Z” in it and Download it.
- When the Application is Installed, Open the app and you will see all your phones and hardware components models.
- On the Main Screen, you will see about 5 menu buttons at the top Click on SOC (System on Chips)
- On the SOC menu, you will see the chip and model of your device boldly written at the top portion of your screen.
Rating: 4.5 – 261,185 votes – Free
- Method 2 is very simple and it is the only way to know that Your phone is MTK Device or not, when your phone is Bricked or not Accessible.In this method, you just have to type Smartphone’s Brand name and Model number on the Google Search Bar and click on Search button.By using this method you will get all of the information about your Smartphone Easily.
Qualcomm Flash Image Loader or QFIL
- A Windows PC or lappy with Installed Driver of Your Qualcomm Smartphone. Download and Install Qualcomm Android USB drivers from Here.
- Make a complete backup of Your Samsung Smartphone.
- Download Latest and stable Qualcomm Flash Image Loader from Here
- Download Latest firmware for your Qualcomm Smartphone from Here. (Select brand + Check Model No. + Android Version)
- Qualcomm Smartphone with more than 80% Battery life.
- A Data/USB cable.
- WINRAR for extracting files.
- This Tutorial/Guide is for Qualcomm Flash Image Loader Version 126.96.36.199 for lower version steps will be different and longer.
- Your personal data will be deleted after flashing the stock firmware using QFIL Application.
- If QFIL hangs at setting up connection just unplug the USB cable and reattach it, QFIL should now resume.
- Do not disconnect the cable or turn off the Smartphone once the flash has started, it will reboot when it finishes.
- Never try to Downgrade Your Smartphone. Either IMEI no., SN, Wifi/ Bluetooth Address will be lost or Smartphone will be bricked or Dead.
- Never Flash wrong Firmware or Firmware of other smartphones on Any Android Smartphone.It can make your Smartphone DEAD. “I have tried two times now I have 2 dead Smartphone.”
- Flashing is sometimes risky so TRY IT ON YOUR RISK.We are not responsible for any damage.
Steps to Flash Qualcomm Devices using QFIL
- Take a complete backup of your Smartphone.
- Download and install Qualcomm USB Driver on your Computer from above link at requirements section.
- Download and extract Qualcomm Flash Image Loader (QFIL) on your computer from above link at requirements section.
- Download and extract Flash Files of your Qualcomm Devices on your computer from above link at requirements section.
- After extracting, you will be able to see many files in the folder. Find QFIL.exe in the Folder.
- Now, Open QFIL.exe.
- Once QFIL is opened, Switch Off your Smartphone or Tablet.
- Once your Device is Switched Off, Press and hold volume UP Key and Connect the Device to the Computer using USB Cable.
- Port and Device will be detected.Now, In QFIL, Click on Browse Button and locate the Firmware (.mbn) from the folder where the flash file is extracted.
- Once, you have added the firmware file, QFIL will automatically load the rest of the firmware data.
- Now, Click on the Download button to begin the Flashing Process. Flashing Process may take up to 12-15 minutes to complete.
- Once Flashing process is completed your device will be reboot automatically. Now Click On EXIT Button at Bottom of the Tool and disconnect your device from the computer and setup everything on your device to use it.